10 August 2012

Friday thoughts

Firstly, I am posting a picture of the Fudan University main building as promised.

Pretty impressive, huh?
Secondly, I'm going to list two things about China that I find strange. The first think is that every time you walk into a store (the larger kind), there is a person helping you find the thing that you want to buy. That person then writes you a note that you take to the cashier to pay for the item. You thereafter have to go back to the first salesperson to collect the item, after showing the receipt to prove that you've paid. Isn't that strange?

The second thing I find strange is Coke float. I know this is something that is originally American, but the Chinese are crazy about it! For those of you who don't know what  Coke float is, I can tell you that it's basically a Coke with a scoop of ice cream in it. You can order it almost everywhere here, and they have so many different types, I've even seen a green tea float!

Now I have to go and put make-up on, I am going out with a bunch of other students to discover the Shanghai nightlife. Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment