8 August 2012

Cancelled class

Late last night I received a text from the school saying that classes were cancelled today because of the typhoon. I have never experienced a typhoon before, and when I got the text I realised that it actually was kind of serious! So I slept in this morning, for the first time since I got to China. I have woken up before 7am every day, didn't even get chance to sleep the jet lag off. Right now the wind is so strong the trees are bending, there is a wall of rain blowing from west to east and you can hear the wind really loudly outside the window. I don't know how long this will last, but I'm sitting here in my room eating, studying and watching Glee. My food supply consist of instant noodles, cereal with milk, dried pineapple and peanuts.

Hopefully this will be over soon so that classes can be held like normal tomorrow. However, if I know the Chinese right, they will just make up for the missed classes by having them during the weekend instead. I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment