1 November 2010

Johnny Johnny

Johnny is amazing. I have so much fun before, during and after my workouts, even though he pushes me to the limit and I'm ready to throw in the towel after every session. He is just so funny in a very Chinese way. Today for example, when I was warming up he pointed at the girl next to me and said "look at her!". I didn't understand anything, I thought it was because of my lacking Chinese skills. "But look at her face!" I still didn't get it, and he looked at me as if I were an idiot. "Don't you see how small her face is?!" I didn't know what to say. I just hoped she didn't here what he said.

Another time we saw two girls talk to each other while walking on the treadmill. Later they did the same thing on a rowing machine. It wasn't much rowing, of course. They were wearing jeans and regular shoes. I wondered why they even bothered to go to the gym, and Johnny said: "They just pretend to workout, they are here to find some good-looking guys (帅哥) with nice muscles".

I have been meaning to upload a photo of Johnny, but it has not been easy to get a picture of him. After one of my workout sessions I asked him if I could take a picture of him and raised my camera. "不可以!" he replied, which is a very strong way of saying no in Chinese. I was shocked, but he simply said "next time!". So, the next time I asked once again if I could take a picture of him. "Not now, I'm not very good-looking at the moment!". He asked me why I wanted a picture and I told him that I wanted to upload it on my blog. "Well, even more reason to be good-looking then!". He asked if he could send a picture in an MMS to me, but since my phone barely has a colour display I replied "不行", not possible. Now this simple picture thing has become a big issue because he wanted to send me pictures where he's tensing and flexing (he showed me samples), and I didn't have a USB and it didn't work to send them by mail. Why does he have to be so vain, can't he just let me take a picture?!

However, Johnny is amazing and we have many interesting conversations. Last time I got my first compliment ever (he has previously only told me that I eat too much), but now he thinks that both my strength and Chinese are improving. I will get back with another Johnny-update as soon as I have a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment