29 October 2010

Busy week

This week has been really intense. Mid-terms, KTV, job interviews, soccer game...

I found an English teaching centre that was looking for English teachers, native or "experienced European", and I wanted to consider myself experienced. I was booked for an interview and when I got there I had to make a demo class for 20 minutes! "You can take 5 minutes to prepare". I had no idea what I was doing but it went well, asking my demo students (3 adults judging my teaching) to repeat the sentence "I got to school by bus", etc. Suddenly they asked me if I could start teaching 5 hours/week at a middle school with 40 pupils per class. I considered it to be too much responsibility, so I politely declined. Then they referred me to another centre, called "Easy Best English", that needed on-to-one tutors. I just got back from an interview with them and I now have an appointment with a 7-year old Chinese boy on Sunday!

Tomorrows appointment is an audition for recording 20 children songs. They were looking for "a young, bright but schooled voice" and I volunteered immediately. For my audition I was requested to perform "Twinkle twinkle little star". They say that you're always supposed to audition with pieces that you know very well so... If they want me the recordings will take place next week. Interesting!

What I also forgot to mention is that I got a new room mate! (Again, and not the Colombian one). This time a Taiwanese girl knocked on my door, and she moved in the following day. At first she came with a suitcase. And then with another. And then one of her friends brought some books. Followed by another friend with more books. Followed by my room mate with bags of food. So suddenly three Taiwanese girls were arguing in my small room. They started to unpack and clean her desk and wardrobe, and after an hour I had to leave for an interview, and asked her if I could take the key and I could, because she had got one as well. I left her with piles of stuff that covered all of her bed. When I returned two hours later, she was gone. So was all of her stuff. NOT A SINGLE ITEM OF HERS WAS LEFT IN THE ROOM: What do I do to scare room mates away before they have even moved in?

After the room mate mystery no. 3 I continued my life as usual. On Wednesday night I went with a couple of friends to watch a soccer game, which was interesting. It wasn't the best game in history, the level was barely Allsvenskan (the Swedish league), but it was an enjoyable evening! We were all cheering for the home team, our Beijing Guo An's, when they won by 2-1 against the visiting team. Jiayou!
Worker's Stadium
Mike, Robin and I in our supporter scarfs

No comments:

Post a Comment