9 November 2010

Cupping, meeting with Wang Laoshi and class dinner

Nothing special has happened lately, life is pretty normal here. And with pretty normal I mean that something new happens every other day.

A couple of days ago Robin and I decided to go to a massage place to try cupping, a Chinese traditional medicine which involves placing cups containing reduced air pressure on the skin. It was a very interesting experience to have 16 glass cups stuck to the back, it felt like 16 vacuum cleaners. This is what it looks like:




Another fun thing that has happened is that my Chinese teacher from Sweden came to Beijing! It was so nice to see her again, she is the reason why I'm in China right now. Without her I would never have found the Chinese Bridge Language Proficiency Contest and won the scholarship that currently I'm here on. Wang Laoshi was as energetic and bubbly as always and I showed her my dorm and the campus and we had lunch together with two of her other students. Later at night we went to a hotpot restaurant. I like her very much and will always keep in touch with her and have her as my Chinese mentor!

Last Friday some people in our class planned a dinner for the whole class, and we were 12 people who finally went. Pim, a dutch guy in our class, has a Chinese girlfriend so she guided us to the fancy restaurant and helped us choose the right dishes. It was a fun evening with very nice food and good company!

No comments:

Post a Comment