5 September 2010

Exploration

After a long nights sleep I woke up and realised that I am in Beijing. A pretty nice feeling.

Crowded Chinese supermarket

Today's schedule consisted of finishing registration and buying necessities. Close to my dorm I found a supermarket that literally sells everything from table tennis rackets to washing detergent. For less than 200 RMB I got towels, hangers and all other things I needed in two plastic bags.








My room
This day I also unpacked my things and tried to make my room feel homley and cosy, which wasn't too easy. I don't have a room mate at the moment because when I came to my room there was a Portuguese girl who left with all her bags, crying.
She didn't come back, so I'm alone in my room.

To most of you this room looks really small, lousy and primitive. But this is a really good standard in China and I'm happy. It's going to be interesting sharing bathroom with other students and live a simple life on campus.










On Monday my friend Anna will go to Shanghai where she is going to study. We had to buy her a ticket and that had to be done at Xizhimen station, three stations from our closest one on line 13. The Beijing underground system is impressive.

We also tried to buy tickets in a machine, which was interesting. We finally managed and felt so proud of our Chinese skills.












No comments:

Post a Comment