7 September 2010

Gym time

Today I went to check out the gym at my campus. It was huge, two floors and loads of different machines. I got a guided tour (in Chinese, of course) and tried to answer all the sport questions the best I could. I decided to become a member for 700 yuan per semester. All classes such as spinning, yoga, ballet and salsa were included in the price. Woho!

When I was about to pay a man showed up and he told me that he was my personal trainer (what?!). Suddenly he had scheduled a session tomorrow at 2 pm.

Later, when I was running on a treadmill he showed up again and started to ask me questions about my training history. I felt like an idiot running beside him while he was asking me questions in Chinese that I barely understood.

He took me away to a room where he put me on a scale and measured my blood preasure. Then he took some weird tool to measure the fat on my arms, legs and belly! "Arms... Not bad! Legs... Not bad! Belly... A little fat!".

After that I had to do push-ups, sit-ups and other exercises for balance and agility. He finished the examination with questions about smoking, drinking etc.

When I thought we were done he took me outside and I had a one hour workout that certainly made me feel alive, to say the least. After that hour I was ready to throw up, but he thought that I should have another 15 minutes of running on the treadmill. So I started. He came to check on me every other minute.

You really push yourself if you have a Chinese man hanging over you screaming while you workout. We decided to meet twice a week for two months, then he believes I can workout on my own. Next session is on Thursday. Wish me luck! My sore muscles says hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment