26 November 2010

Qingdao! 青岛!

Last weekend was a fun weekend. Sofia, Anna and I spend the weekend together, accompanied by Robin, Max and Mike from my school. We went to Qingdao, a coast city in between Shanghai and Beijing, and it was amazing to be by the sea. I really miss nature a lot, I realized that last weekend when I breathed the fresh sea air and saw something as exotic as trees, something I haven't experienced in a long time.

Qingdao was an interesting city, it has been a German colony and had therefore lots of European architecture, at the same time as the atmosphere and life felt very genuinely Chinese. We stayed at a very pleasant hostel that Max recommended, and it was very worthy its price since we only paid 25 yuan/person a night. We visited all of Qingdao's famous sights, such as the TV tower, the Zhan Qiao pier and the Tsingtao beer museum and brewery.

I'm very satisfied with the weekend, we had a lot of fun together as a group. Next week Sofia and Anna will come to Beijing and then "the liu", as we call us (六=liu=six), will meet again!




No comments:

Post a Comment