18 October 2010

Mid-terms coming up

I'm back again after even more internet trouble. My new and hopefully last solution is a VPN-tunnel. I can't explain how it works because I don't know but I pay 150 SEK for 3 months and then I can reach my blog and Facebook.

The room mate announcement might have been a false alarm. She told me that she would move in tomorrow, and now it's been 5 days since tomorrow. But you never know...

My workload is starting to get heavy. Zhang Laoshi told us that we have mid-terms next Monday. Or, to correct myself, she answered our question when we asked if we weren't supposed to have a test sometime soon. I just love the advance planning. We have no idea what the test looks like, we only know that it will take the whole day. Thus far we have completed two books with a total of 28 chapters and approximately 500 new characters. I have a lot of study to do.

Yesterday it suddenly got cold. Really cold. It's hard to describe it, but it's just a different type of cold than at home. The trees have beautiful colours though; red, orange, yellow.. But the cold is killing me, and mostly when I'm inside. My dorm is freezing. I have to sleep in a fleece and ski socks and I don't want to remove the comforter in the morning. If it's like this now, how bad will it be in one or two months?! I should probably ask if they can put on the central heating.

1 comment: