12 October 2010

And so it happened at last

I was on my computer writing an email this afternoon when someone knocked on the door. It was a Colombian girl who asked if I was living alone. She is living on the 4th floor at the moment and she didn't like her Russian room mate because she's too quiet, so she wanted to change rooms. Then she stepped inside and saw that my stuff was all over her side of the room. I apologized and she didn't seem to care about it. I have been living in this room for 6 weeks without a room mate, and I have kept all my belongings on my side. When I got back from Shanghai I thought that if nobody had moved in yet, I would have the room for my own during the rest of the term. But apparently not.

All I know about the girl is that she is from Colombia, and she seems very nice and friendly. She is probably a good room mate, but it's just that I'm used to living on my own now! Somehow I also look forward to having a room mate, since that is what you are supposed to have. I hope that we work well together and will become friends! I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment