21 March 2011

Spring, where art thou?

A note in the elevator told me that from the 15th of March, the central heating will be turned off. This means that there is no heating in the apartment and I'm waking up ice cold every morning. I'm just waiting for the weather to become warmer, it is nice during the day, around 10-15 °C, but night time the temperature is sometimes below zero.

One thing that I'm not particularly looking forward to are the sandstorms that occur in Beijing during springtime. During a couple of weeks, usually in April, there are masses of sand swirling around in the city. It will be the first time I use the famous mask you've probably seen Asian people wear.

Ps. My mask is not from Hello Kitty

Apart from going to school I'm not doing very much, the days are pretty much the same. Last Friday though, I celebrated my first St. Patrick's Day. The party was at a friend's apartment, we were all dressed in green and there was a fun mix of people at the party, we mixed all languages and had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment