26 October 2010

The test is over!

The test yesterday went well, which is a relief. Since I had studied a great amount before, I didn't find the test too difficult. The listening test was definitely the hardest part.

When the test was over we watched a Chinese film, which was interesting. It was a comedy, and I found the humour geeky, but I have to admit that the whole thing was pretty weird and funny. While we were watching the film, called Crazy Stone in English, Zhang Laoshi corrected the tests and handed them in to the school administration. I asked her when we would get the results back, and she answered that we could get them right away. "Chen Lisha (which is me) had the best result in the class. Fu Rui (Rachel from U.S.) was number two."

That was all she said. It was not exactly what I asked about, and when she said "right away" I thought she meant she could tell us one by one in private. But no, that's apparently not how it works in China. But I'm so happy!!!  It was such a relief to hear that the test went well and to have the best result in class felt amazing!

Last night we definitely celebrated that the test was over. It was my classmate Max's birthday, so a group from our class went out together to KTV and sang and had a lot of fun. Today we started a new book on the next level, that is a bit tougher. It's just to start prepare for the final exam!

No comments:

Post a Comment