21 September 2010

Zhongqiu Jie

Tomorrow is Zhongqiu Jie, the Mid-Autumn Festival. It's a public holiday and people have three days off. Everyone is happy, running around in the streets with mooncakes. Chinese people love their mooncakes, they are sold everywhere in different sizes, flavours and prizes and are delivered in beautifully decorated boxes.

I'm going to spend the holiday being a tourist. Tomorrow I'm going with Philip, a Swedish guy in my class, to the Summer Palace. I'm also going to explore Beijing with my friend Sofia who's coming here. Sofia and I got to know each other through a Chinese language competition we participated in one year ago. We were in China together with Anna, the friend who I went with to Beijing, and experienced the Chinese culture during the three-week long competition. Thanks to that competiton, called Chinese Bridge, we received the scholarships that finance our studies here this year. Sofia and Anna are both studying in Shanghai, and during the fall break 1st-7th of October I am going to visit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment